Sunday, February 28, 2010

Can I apply a hair relaxer to my daughter's hair after I have applied a texture softener ?

I put a Just for me texture softener on my daughter's hair a little over 6 months ago. Now, I want to put a hair relaxer on her hair because the texture softener did not really do what I wanted it to. Is it safe to do this?Can I apply a hair relaxer to my daughter's hair after I have applied a texture softener ?
Honestly, texture softener isn't a relaxer. Texture softeners basically make your hair softer. It depends on what your daughter's hair type is, though. The texture softener (supposedly) has made your daughter's hair less dry, more smooth, and softer. The relaxer... can damage your hair though. Relaxers are designed for African hair - crispy, dry, tightly curled hair. I'd recommend thermal reconditioning as an alternative to hair relaxers.Can I apply a hair relaxer to my daughter's hair after I have applied a texture softener ?
Since its been about six months, the texturizer should have grown out by now, so its safe to go ahead and apply a mild relaxer to hair. Something like a PCJ. Im assuming the texturizer didn't make her hair softer and more mangeable like you were trying to achieve. The mild relaxer should do this, but you must remember to wash and conditioner her hair on a regular basis in order to maintain her hair and keep it from becoming brittle. Also use use a nice grease like ';Blue Magic'; or ';Royal Crown'; when combing her hair. This will also keep it it soft and moistrized.





P.S. Use relaxer about every 2-3 months
no no no no no bad idea
you have to read the instructions for the relaxer cause some of them have different rules
I agree with Bic, take her to a professional. I'm getting flashbacks of my mom cutting my hair when I was a kid AGH!!!
Yes. Enough time has elapsed, so you won't be doing any damage.
it depends on her age there are straightener especially for kids



please take her to a hairdresser before you ruin her hair.
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment