Friday, February 26, 2010

How effective is hair relaxer?

I want to straighten my hair, but a flat iron won't work. So my friend told me about hair relaxer, but I have several questions.


1.How water proof is the relaxer? (I am on a swim team and swim everyday)





2.Can you do it at home or do you need to go to a hair stylist?





3.Not to be racist, but how well will it work on a white person's hair. (I heard it could only work for African Hair)How effective is hair relaxer?
I am mixed, mostly white but with curly hair. (Not kinky hair) A few years ago I had a relaxer put in my hair. It worked really well. Very waterproof! But I will never do it again. When my hair grew out half my hair was straight %26amp; half was curly. It looked stupid. I had to straighten my hair ever day just like I did before getting the relaxer.





If you decide to do it, you HAVE to test your hair first!!! Cut a piece in the back that won't be noticeable. Put it on a sheet of foil %26amp; put the relaxer chemical on it. If it doesn't destroy your hair you can use it. (By destroying your hair I mean take a couple pieces of the cut hair and pull them. If they break easily or look like gum when it is stretched)





Good luck.
  • myspace images
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment