Friday, February 26, 2010

Why would a hair relaxer cause my natural hair to go being thick and wavy to curly/ thin?

I honestly tried to go natural and not use any chemicals in my hair, but it was getting too difficult, and I did not know how to maintain it well. It was wavy/thick instead of afro textured. So, I gave up and put a relaxer on it and now I have noticed that my hair (when air dryed) has a very loose curl pattern which is easier to comb and manage than when it was thick. Why would it do this.. I did not use a texturizer. I would also like to know if I can maintain it this way??Why would a hair relaxer cause my natural hair to go being thick and wavy to curly/ thin?
relaxers are made to keep the frizz out of your hair and make it easier to manage. to maintain this make sure you keep your hair away from heat products. you should also touch up the roots of your hair with relaxer every 4-6 months be careful not to over do it though because the chemicals can be very damaging, have fun with your relaxed hair!!Why would a hair relaxer cause my natural hair to go being thick and wavy to curly/ thin?
the molecules in curly hair are arranged in clusters. relaxers break down the bonds between these molecules and arrange them in a straight line. therefore, the hair strand becomes straight or at least loses some of the curl.

No comments:

Post a Comment