Friday, February 26, 2010

Will an at-home hair relaxer/straightener make curly hair wavy?

I have quite thick curly hair and would much prefer wavier hair, i heard from someone that an at-home chemical relaxer (obviously used safely with all the correct precautions) could achieve this, can anyone tell me if this would work or not.


Thanks. =)Will an at-home hair relaxer/straightener make curly hair wavy?
Well, I have been relaxing my hair with an at home straightener, since I was 14 years old (I'm 20 now).





First:





I must first say that you have to be careful with any kinds of chemicals you put in your hair; it's all about how strong your own hair is to handle the product.





Second:





You have to know the type/ texture of your own hair. Do you have fine, straight, wavy, coarse, thin or full hair? You said you have curly hair, so the box of the perm/relaxer should show you what the outcome will be on your type of hair!





Third:





Make sure that you have the right kind of relaxer! There are different kinds not only for ethnicity, but also for types of hair. Make sure that the kind you use will be conducive for your hair... you know personalize it :-)





Fourth:





Before you try this on your entire head ( I'm assuming this is your first time) take about a quarter inch lock of your hair (from the center of your head- a place where no one can see) and test the relaxer first. Allow it the max time to develop and wash it out. This is for two reasons.





1) Because you want to see if the relaxer gives your hair a wavy look or not ( so you don't mess up your entire head.... lol)


2) Because you want to see if you have a negative reaction to the relaxer.. (hair falls out, scalp burning, rash.... sorry but I gotta keep it real)





Fifth:


If you're really feeling uneasy about this at home job, then go to a hair dressor, or have you considered a flat iron? Hope I helped :-)Will an at-home hair relaxer/straightener make curly hair wavy?
dont do it! it makes it staight but it completly makes ur hair yuck. it changes the texture and makes it hard to come and it will break easily. if you really want it done have it done by a professional. even than i dont suggest it. try blowing it staight and than using a flat iron. dont for get to use a blowdrying hair lotion and hair serum when doing this.
I used an in-home straightener chemical system


and it fried my hair so bad


my hair fell out in chunks.
it will work. just don't keep it on too long or it will make your hair straight.
I dunno but when you find out let me know :)
no you wouldent evan have any hair left to be straight
yes.. they're great.. use just for me brand.
  • myspace images
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment