Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hair relaxer didn't take correctly when can I get a new one?

I just relaxed my hair on Tuesday , it didn't take it correctly . my hair is still nappy at the roots , it looks horrible . when can I get a new relaxer without messing my hair up and no breaking off hair ?Hair relaxer didn't take correctly when can I get a new one?
the same thing happened to me, and i relaxed it again the next day and my hair was fine. if your hair is especially fragile, i'd suggest waiting a little longer, but i think you'll be fine. make sure you condition your hair lots thoHair relaxer didn't take correctly when can I get a new one?
Wait about a week and take time to wash/deep condition you hair, oil your scalp, etc...


Is the relaxer that was ineffective, or your application method? I also suggest using conditioner to protect the hair that is already relaxed from over processing. When you part your hair and base scalp before you relax, take some conditioner and smooth it to your ends - BUT don't put it on the new growth you need to touch up. Wait 10-15 mins then start your relaxer. Then after you've applied the relaxer and start to work it thru to smooth the roots, the relaxer will not damage/break your previously relaxer hair near the roots because the conditioner is protecting it. And really you can do that anytime you relax.
i say wait 6-8 weeks ( i know its kinda long). to much chemicals to your hair at once or to close together will indeed cause breakage and serious damage. but in the mean time i say try to find a way to like your hair and think about the good things about it (this may make the wait seem shorter)

No comments:

Post a Comment