Friday, February 26, 2010

Hair relaxer/neutraliser has turned my silver rings brown what do I do?

I was relaxing my sons hair and I think it was the neutraliser that turned my silver rings brassic what can I do to make them silver again please? thankyou....Hair relaxer/neutraliser has turned my silver rings brown what do I do?
It sounds like it's oxidised the silver.. There's generally not much you can do if this is the case apart from polish them like crazy in hopes of lifting the tarnishing off a bit. However, it might not have actually permanently oxidised your ring, it's hard to know without knowing what's in the hair relaxer. I would recommend asking a jeweller about it, take a list of the chemicals in the relaxer with you. Chances are they could give your rings a really good polishing and make them sparkle like new again

No comments:

Post a Comment