Sunday, February 28, 2010

When you are expecting, is it ok to get a hair relaxer?

It is likely that only a small amount of any hair treatment chemicals are actually absorbed into a woman鈥檚 system through her skin. This minimal amount is not thought to be enough to create a problem for the baby. The following safety tips should be followed when chemically treating your hair:


Consider waiting until the second trimester.


Have the treatment completed in a well-ventilated area.


Don鈥檛 leave the chemicals on your head any longer than necessary.


Rinse your scalp thoroughly with water after treatment.


Wear gloves when applying chemicals.When you are expecting, is it ok to get a hair relaxer?
As long as you are out of the first trimester. The doctor told me not to dye my hair or do anything to it with chemicals until the second trimester because the hormone levels even out then. If you do it before then, it may not be the results you are looking for (ex: my hair turned a greenish brown color when I tried to bleach it at 13 weeks.) so it is best to wait until the second trimester. Everyone says it isn't good to dye or relax your hair when prego but studies have not proven it causes any harm to the baby. Go ahead and do it. I dye my hair every month and have for years. My son is fine, and so far so is this one.When you are expecting, is it ok to get a hair relaxer?
Why do people thumbs-down answers that say wait until the baby is born?? Is it THAT bad to just wait it out because of the chemicals and because hair tends to dye differently while pregnant? Good Lord!! Just wait until the baby comes!!!





Go ahead posters who could care less about the baby's safety and well-being and thumbs-down my answer!!
they say to stay away from it but you can do it i had a hard time getting my hair to do anything until i got pregnant i went and dyed it and the color was great but for some people the color don't turn out so whatever you do to your hair be very carful
I've wondered the same thing! I've looked online and talked to my doctor. She said it's fine, but there's a chance the perm may not hold due to hormonal changes that affect my hair. Sooo...I'm just going to wait until after I give birth to get one done.
A lot of people will tell you to stay away from the relaxer while you are pregnant. I had my hair permed when I was pregnant with my son, and will be getting one in a couple of weeks after I take my braids out.
it is best not to have any chemicals put in your hair while pregnant, I would recomend waiting until after the baby is born and you are not nursing.
I am due feb. 6 and have relaxed my hair every six weeks since i found out doc said it is okay. I plan to relax my hair one more time before my baby shower which is jan. 17
You should wait till you have your baby.


Theres all sorts of chemicals and stuff that could harm your child.
They say to stay away from getting your hair dye'd and all that kinds of stuff.
I heard your not supposed to...dont know why but id advise you not to...

No comments:

Post a Comment