Monday, February 22, 2010

I used Silk Elements hair relaxer and ever since hair color won't take. What do I do?

It was about 8 months ago that I relaxed my hair. I first tried to dye it about 3 months ago, so it was a while after. Color just will not take. It only takes to the roots, the grown out hair. I don't know what to do.I used Silk Elements hair relaxer and ever since hair color won't take. What do I do?
Get it professionally colored.I used Silk Elements hair relaxer and ever since hair color won't take. What do I do?
Its not really your relaxer its the strength of your hair. If you take care of it and keep the weak spots filled with protein reconstructors and conditioner it will be tough to get color to lift and deposit.


Try either


-processing it longer or with heat, sometimes strong hair just needs a little more time 10-15 minutes and heat helps stimulate the chemicals


-a different brand, formulations can vary


- a lighter color, perhaps the expected shade on the box just isn't coming thru on your hair


- a stronger developer.


Stronger developer should be a last option because you could start to weaken your hair, but if you're trying to move from black/dark brown to auburns its necessary. Just make sure to have to have the neutralizers and reconstructors on hand to keep it from over processing.
you shouldnt use color with relaxers at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment