Saturday, February 20, 2010

Is a hair relaxer a good idea for a water polo player/swimmer with naturally wavy/ curly hair?

I do water polo in the morning- before school starts. I have absolutely no time to style and straighten my hair before the bell rings. I hate having curly and frizzy hair- especially since I have bangs. Lately, I've just been wearing hats. I've looked up different semi-permanent straightening solutions, and it seems that hair relaxing is the cheapest and most convenient way. Could anyone confirm/criticize this, and maybe offer alternatives? Thanks muchly!Is a hair relaxer a good idea for a water polo player/swimmer with naturally wavy/ curly hair?
I'm a swimmer too, with curly hair, and I have the same problem! Instead of having your hair relaxed or straightened, I would suggest having it permed in curls about the size of your natural ones. This will make it style itself without any effort from you, so you could just shower and go after practice but still embrace your natural hairstyle. That will make your perm last longer, as well. Also, chlorine tends to make hair curl and could reduce the effectiveness of having your hair relaxed. Also try buying some quick leave-in products for curls, such as:





Aussie- Catch The Wave Styling Spray


and Sunsilk- Captivating Curls Cream and Gel Twist.





I use those on my hair and they work wonders! :) I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment