Saturday, February 20, 2010

Can Hair RELAXER get rid of Lice in Black hair?

I have long relaxed hair and was recently exposed to lice by my child. Will the Lye kill and remove the nits?Can Hair RELAXER get rid of Lice in Black hair?
wash your hair before erlaxing your hair (try washing your hair every day w/ shampoo, then use conditoner) maybe after relaxing your hair though, it will become easier to take care / to wash your hairCan Hair RELAXER get rid of Lice in Black hair?
sorry but i doubt it.
Nope!
No relaxers are only for straightening hair. If you are exposed to lice go to your local doctor for treatment
Im not too sure about black hair cause its more corse. But When I was younger My little brother came home with it a couple times and my mom would just dye my hair and it would smother them and they would die. Of course you have to use a comb and comb through your hair the best you can over the sink or bathtub...eggs and lice will fall and go down the drain. Instead of the floor and the house. Hair relaxer is much stronger then hair dye...so Its worth a try...especially since lice shampoo is pretty expensive. Oh yea...Wash everything that could be exposed to the lice....clothes, sheets, etc....and boil any brushes! Good Luck!!
Hmm, where I live it's a sterotype that black women won't get lice because we take care of our hair so much with relaxers and salons...hot oil treatments, grease...all that stuff.





I would assume since in my years of living I've never once encountered a black women with lice...





They are some super little buggers if they can handle living in our hair!
no a hiar realxer will straighten you hair not get rid of LICE were in the world did you get that i hope not cause it has harsh chemails in it thats not going to help you need a specail shampoo from your doctor to get rid of lice!!!!!
Yes it will kill them for sure..or you can dye the kids hair..that works too its the chemicals...but you still need fine tooth comb to take them out..good luck sorry this happened!


http://www.otan.dni.us/webfarm/emailproj鈥?/a>
you need to use rid. and wash your hair . i know you dont like to do that.

25 comments:

  1. First of all, black people can get lice! My 5 children and I also my husband had lice, we are black. Yes a relaxer kills them for sure ive done it and it definitely works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have hair lice and I have tried the onion and ginger but still didn't work, and am on natural hair so I don't know if the relaxer works to kill them all.

      Delete
  2. Got lice from where I went to make my hair,please how can I get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plz i just noticed the nits on my hair .. .Can relaxing my hair and plaiting afterwards get rid of it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Help am in the same boat.i got it from my kid although I can't figure out where she got it from. Am willing to relax my hair to see if it works. But what kind of comb will I use to get the dead lice out? I can't find the lice comb where I am. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pls can I use relaxer on natural dread hair to remove lice from the hair

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just cut my 2nd daughter hair yesterday as a result of lice & the eggs.just this morning I found that her sisters is filled with lice & eggs. She has a very long hair & has refused to go 4 low cut. Please I had assault relaxe cream cream or hair dye would kill them. How true is This? My hair is virgin & there is tendency I have it too because I found some on my son's hair this morning. We are heading to a salon now please help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please how can I get rid of lice on my hair, it is really itchy,I am using Shea butter but it is still itchy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used vaseline(but it has to be like a lot, so it can suffocate them then wash it out the next day) on my daughter's hair and it did the trick, I also had to pick out some with my hands. Or you could also relax or dye your hair. Dog shampoo for ticks,lice and flea also does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just picked out one from my hair
    It's still hard to believe anyways
    I'll use relaxer I really hope it works..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please can I relax my hair to get of lice...pls help

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used relaxer it kill them but am gonna try cutting my hair down and dye to get rid of them all

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you relax your hair after scratching for a long time don't you think it'll hurt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it will
      I tried it today and it hurt so much but its worth it i guess

      Delete
  13. I just used Jerry curl relaxer now.i hope it works

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guys relaxer and shampoo works
    For those of you that think it didnt work, ure wrong
    Cos question is, you killed them from your hair, but did you really kill all around you
    Your combs, brushes, pillows, duvets, all your tops and all that also has the eggs on them that fell on from your hair.
    So relaxing and washin ur hair and combing with or sleeping with the same materials will get the eggs back on

    All your hair materials needs to be soaked in boiling hoi water, then rinsed. Then wash all your tops, pillows, duvets and co to get rid of any careless, oversight or leftover eggs or lice, then also ask those u constantly come in contact with to do same

    Thats how it goes...total hygiene to ensure you got rid of all the eggs

    Thank me later
    If youve got questions, call me on +2347034966972

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pls I have lice,will relaxer work?,I heard you can also use olive oil or baby oil

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just noticed that I have lice on my hair and am about to relax my hair with mega growth hair relaxer
    I just hope it kills it
    The itching is so disgracing

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have lice on my hair n my friend has it too i saw when she was bringing them out from her hair...she gave it to me how can i get rid of them please hlp

    ReplyDelete
  18. Got infected with lice my my daughters, I'm on Dreadlocks l don't know of I can put relaxer on my hair, I've already used kids relaxer on their hair I don't know what to use on mine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enter your comment...God please let this my lice go after relaxing my natural hair in Jesus name Amen
    Cause I went to the salon, my hairdresser told me the treatment is 3k as a student I can't afford such money.
    I Just use upgrade relaxer

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please I just relaxed my hair and I can still see tiny lice eggs.. Is it possible they could be dead? Or are they still alive?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Y'all should go but your hair or buy special original shampoo for lice

    ReplyDelete