Saturday, February 20, 2010

How do I make a natural hair relaxer?

I chemically relaxed my super duper thick curly Afro-textured hair for the last time in late 2006. I like to wear it straightened but its too much effort so its usually in braid extensions. I am not going to ever chemically relax my hair again, but I would like to get a natural relaxer or at least a natural texturizer. Does anyone have any recipies for homeade natural relaxers/texturizers?How do I make a natural hair relaxer?
Well I am not sure about making a relaxer, but I do know about pre-poo treatment which is a mixture I make before shampooing my hair. It makes my hair softer and easy to comb through and style. Because my hair is super thick too! I start off by mixing together mayonnaise, an egg or two and a nice smelling hair oil. I basically apply it all over my hair like i will with a relaxer cream prior to washing it and wait for 30 mins. Then I will wash it out and wash my hair with a natural shampoo and tada! soft, lovely, and combable hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment