Monday, February 22, 2010

Can I use hair relaxer made for African Americans?

I have very curly frizzy hair. I'm white but I was wondering if a relaxer made for coarse african american hair would have any affects on my hair.Can I use hair relaxer made for African Americans?
naw i wouldnt try it. your hair may be similar to the texture but its not the same. better safe then sorry. what you can do is go to a dominician hair salon. they deal with that type of hair and they get it super straight in an healthy way.Can I use hair relaxer made for African Americans?
I suggest using a milder relaxer, but not one of the really mild ones.


Use an average strength one, a mild one might not get your hair because it's so curly. Just don't use an extra strength one.





I've relaxed my friend's hair (he is white, and has coarse, curly hair) and his hair is fine. The relaxers usually come with a conditioner for afterward. You'll be fine. Just have someone who knows what they're doing apply it.
I would say absolutely NO to any over the counter relaxer. You have to see a professional and have them use a professional relaxer or all your hair could come out or break off.
From personal experience DO NOT USE IT! i have alot, wavy, frizzy, hair i was so tired of it i decide to relax it with the African Americans products...It was super straight but it felt really damaged it looked damaged i wasn't able to do my cute curls i hated it my hair also started falling a lot...After it wore off i just started straightening it everyday and after a while i guess my hair got use to it its not really like that no more...Ne ways it might b different but i really suggest dont but ur hair trough those harsh chemicals...=)

No comments:

Post a Comment