Saturday, February 20, 2010

What is a good hair relaxer for African Americans?

You see Iv'e been using this hair care system (The Hair Doctor) and it has really made my hair grow. I haven't relaxed my hair in about 5 months. (Been wearing a wig) I would like to have my hair relaxed but I 'm not sure what product to use. I've been to salons before and even though my hair gets strait a lot of times I get scabs in my hair. My natural hair is so tightly coiled pressing it would be a waist of time. (if it rains or if I sweat)What is a good hair relaxer for African Americans?
I have the same problem, my hair is natural its very tightly curled and I'm wearing a wig now.


Mizani and Affirm are the BEST products on the market for black hair


My dermatologist recommended Affirm that's what she uses. Use Nexus conditioner its the best. As for the scabs DO NOT scratch your scalp before a relaxer.





Try and find a salon were they focus on healthy hair, many black salons are so focused on the hair doo they damage your hair in the process.





check out this website - http://www.treasuredlocks.com/What is a good hair relaxer for African Americans?
where do i find the Nexus Humectress conditioner.

Report Abuse



I loooove Olive Oil Organic Root stimulator system! It's the best all of their products are excellent, my hair is thick so I use the super. I've never burned and I feel like I'm getting closer to my hair looking like the girl on the box :)
First you must use murrys hair and scalp treatment, then put a little hennessy in your hair. Comb and style...
Well the perm that i use is Affirm and i think it is the one for sensitive scalp...although i don't have one but its a start since you say you have perm burns(chemical burns)....anyway before you get a perm you have to remember NOT to scratch...if you scratch the dry skin on your scalp will come off and that is sort of a protective coat for the scalp so it wont get perm burned....also try not to comb your hair to hard...try to make sure the comb doesn't scrape your scalp...now when you get to the salon you should make sure that the beautician puts grease on your scalp before applying the perm...this acts as an extra protective coat for the scalp...oh yea and tell your beatician when your perm begins to burn...if it ever does...and oh yea.....please DONT perm your own hair...especially if you arent accoustomed to doing it...you can seriously damage your hair....PLEASE DONT!!! let the professionals do it...that is what they are there for....and you should try to go to an African American beautician simply because they might know a little more about the grain of hair you have and they might be able to help you more....
I would get a perm called Optimum it's really good it gets your edges straight and everything. Good luck!
well i have a good grade of hair so i don't need a strong relaxer but i use Hawaiian silky,but since u said urs is tightly coiled then i would suggest u start off with a African pride its not to strong just cuz its African then gradually keep relaxing ur hair bout every 6wks. the reason u get scabs is because ur scalp is irritated due to scratching or something i hope this helps u


also motions work great and are good 4 ur hair both of these perms have a line of other hair care products
first of all you need to start with a revlon relaxer to straighten out your hair really good then for the second relaxing use dark and lovely no-lye kit cream or pcj (just for me relaxer). Please bear this in mind that you need to relax your hair every 6 week, treat your hair every week and steam every 2 weeks. i can also give you my remedy. you cream of nature treatment and steam with dark and lovely ultra cholestrol conditioning treatment. clip you hair every three months.
QP
your african? im black plus my great grandfathe was half cherokee use this hair relaxer it has olive in it or whatever and it makes my hair not thick anymore almost like a white person well maybe because of my great grandfather and the difference of african and black people is that black people have 1 or a few white ancestors but if you have a white father or daddy and a white mama or daddy then that's called mixed i just wanted to get that out there!
I will die by ';Gentle Treatment';. I have been using it for years and my daughter now uses it. It makes my hair soft and straight without the thickness of some relaxers. I don't like too much body and if I need body I will volumize or blow dry.
Revlon lye relaxer is the best I've been using it for years and i have very long hair and so does my daughter. I also use Nexxus conditioner its a little pricey but so worth it.
my mom and sister uses this one its for kids and in a colfu,l bos called just 4 me or something like that she said its good cause its not 2 strong but dose the trick
If you get scabs in your hair from the shop go to a different shop but I use Raveen Lite in my daughters hair and its past her shoulders also i trim her ends after.If you do your own relaxer don't keep it in to long and start at the crown of your head, hair line last so you don't have it on to long and make the edges weaker so your hair breaks don't forget hot oil treatments and keeping your scalp clean so your hair continues to grow.protect the ends of your hair with a silk pillow case.
first of all..black..african...same indifference and number two why would african americans wanna use hair relaxers?...dat can damage their hair even more.
juices and berries








keep lye out of your head
Watch BET gurl.!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment